Today, I would like to dedicate the episode to those ROS developers that use ROS with outdoor robots. You know that most of the ROS robots are basically indoor ones, where the level of control of the environment is a little bit higher. When you move outdoors…. Then things start to complicate a little bit more… I would even say a lot more!
I understand your suffering, and I admire your push to make outdoors robots a reality.
I dedicate this episode to you. This is my way of showing you my respect! I salute you!
Today we are going to talk with a ROS Developer that is using Nvidia Jetson board to control a 9Kg outdoors robot. It is my pleasure to introduce you Raffaello Bonghi a ROS developer using Nvidia Jetson board to build heavy outdoor robots. Raffaello is a robotics, computer vision scientist an has just changed his work to AI Technology Engineer.
- Follow Raffaello on LinkedIn
- Follow Raffaello on Twitter
- The Panther robot project
- The git repo of Raffaello containing all the software of the project
- NVidia Jetson boards
- The Nvidia Jetson projects page
- R-TAB 3D mapping ROS packages
- An online course about how to build 3D maps using RTAB-MAP
- Robot localization ROS package
- An online course about how to use and configure the robot_localization package to fuse sensor data and improve localization data
- Tutorial about how to transfer Solidworks models to URDF
- The Robot Ignite Academy, our online academy that teaches you ROS in 5 days using simulations
- The ROS Development Studio, our online platform to program ROS online only with a browser
Subscribe to the podcast using any of the following methods
- ROS Developers Podcast on iTunes
- ROS Developers Podcast on Stitcher
Or listen to it on Spotify:
- ROS Developers Podcast on Spotify
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
SUBSCRIBE NOW: RSS