In this video, we answer the following question: http://answers.gazebosim.org/question/20432/ros-gazebo-detecting-collision-with-a-static-object-using-contact-sensor/
- We explain how to set up a robot so that you can detect collisions with static or non-static objects.
- We concentrate on explaining the strange way in which URDFs are converted to SDF and the naming problems it gives.
- Here you have the ROSject, just click and you will have the exact same code:
- Here you have the git of the same code:
- If you want to learn how to create fantastic robots for Gazebo, please check out this course: Robot Creation with URDF ROS