RDP043: How To Start Learning ROS
Hi ROS Developers and welcome to the ROS Developers Podcast: the program, the podcast that gives you insights from the experts about how to program your robots with ROS.
This is Ricardo Tellez, from The Construct.
Today, we are going to dedicate the program to all those developers that are giving their first steps in the ROS worlds. We know it is not easy. We dedicate the episode to you. Keep pushing guys, you can make it!
And in this episode, I’m not going to interview anybody. Instead, I’m going to provide you some a complete path to learn ROS the fastest way. I’m going to explain you how you should start learning ROS, and how you should proceed to optimize your learning and master ROS the fastests way.
- Basic online course of Linux terminal, our online course completely free
- Basic online course of Python 3, our online course completely free
- Basic online course of C++
- ROS for Ubuntu
- ROS.org official tutorials for learning ROS (you need to apply yourself the simulations).
- Download The Construct public repo of robot simulations (check the branch name for different ROS versions).
- Our online course of ROS based on simulations (provides eeverything off-the-shelf, in case you don’t want to waste time installing and preparing):
- Buy your ROS based robot in our friends online shop called ROS Components (we don’t get any comission for this recommendation, we just like this shop and buy our robotics components there).
- How to build a ROS based robot, series of Youtube videos
- How to build a ROS based robot, our online course
- The ROS Navigation stack
- How to do unit tests with ROS, our online course
- The ROSDevCon 2019, the only online conference about ROS where you practice with the speakers.
- The Robot Ignite Academy, our online academy that teaches you ROS in 5 days using simulations
- The ROS Development Studio, our online platform to program ROS online only with a browser
- The ROS Developers Podcast full-length tune.
Subscribe to the podcast using any of the following methods
Or listen to it on Spotify:
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)