In this episode I talk to one of the mothers of ROS, the co-creator of the Turtlebot robot, and the CEO of one of the most important companies of the world that sells ROS based Warehouse robots (Fetch Robotics). Among other things, she will explain about their work to simplify the control of fleets of robots based on ROS1 or how they use simulations in their development process.
I think ROS is definitely very mature, and the challenge for people not using ROS in their products is on how well they know ROS.
- Follow Melonee Wise on LinkedIn
- Fetch Robotics company
- Turtlebot robot
- PR2 robot
- ROSbags (look for the easter egg, Megamade program)
- ROSCON talk of Melonee on using the wiki
- Tully Foote on LinkedIn
- Mapping software: Karto, Cartographer, Gmapping
- Rviz tool of ROS
- Video of Melonee explaining what Fetch Core is
- Tensorflow for deep learning.
- Fetch mobile manipulator
- ROS based software to calibrate a mobile manipulator, developed by Fetch
- The Robot Ignite Academy, our online academy that teaches you ROS in 5 days
- The ROS Development Studio, our online platform to program ROS online only with a browser
Subscribe to the podcast using any of the following methods
- ROS Developers Podcast on iTunes
- ROS Developers Podcast on Stitcher
- ROS Developers Podcast on iVoox
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
SUBSCRIBE NOW: RSS
This blog was… how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally I have found something which helped me.
Thanks a lot!
There is certainly a lot to learn about this topic. I love all
of the points you’ve made.