RDP 034: How to use Docker with ROS using DockeROS with Christian Henkel
Hi ROS Developers and welcome to the ROS Developers Podcast: the program, the podcast that gives you insights from the experts about how to program your robots with ROS.
I’m Ricardo Tellez, from The Construct.
Today, we are at the ROS Industrial conference (Europe). I had the chance to meet Christian Henkel who presented at the conference the dockeROS library. DockeROS allows to dockerize ROS applications and sends them to remote robots. In this interview, Christian will explain to us how to do that, how to test the dockeROS and how do they differ from snaps.
“I created dockeROS as an easy way to deploy ROS software on several robots, and to update it in several robots at once”
- Follow Christian Henkel on LinkedIn.
- Follow Christian on Twitter
- Follow Christian Henkel on Research Gate.
- Github of DockeROS
- Slides of his presentation of dockeROS at ROS Industrial conference.
- Modular platform for the orchestration and management of thousands of AGVs
- Video of cloud navigation example.
- Some related research work from Christian Henkel:
- The Robot Ignite Academy, our online academy that teaches you ROS in 5 days
- The ROS Development Studio, our online platform to program ROS online only with a browser
- The ROS Developers Podcast full length tune.
Subscribe to the podcast using any of the following methods
Or listen to it on Spotify:
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)