RDP 033: Using Behavior Trees With ROS with Davide Faconti
Hi ROS Developers and welcome to the ROS Developers Podcast: the program, the podcast that gives you insights from the experts about how to program your robots with ROS.
I’m Ricardo Tellez, from The Construct.
Today, I would like to dedicate the program to all the ROS Developers that thought that a state machine would do the work, but once implemented, they do not work for a specific case, so we have to add a specific condition for that case, but then another special case appears, and we provide another special solution, in an endless loop.
Anyway, today we are going to learn about what are behavior trees, why are they better than state machines and how can we use them inside ROS All those questions and many more will be answered by Davide Faconti, the creator of the BehaviorTree.CPP set of libraries
“BehaviorTree CPP allows you to change the behavior tree in run time by modifying the tree specification on an XML file “
- Follow Davide Faconti on LinkedIn.
- The BehaviorTree.CPP set of libraries
- MOOD2Be: BehaviorTree.CPP + Groot + robots video demonstration
- Horizon 2020 (H2020) european research program.
- Robmosys project
- I am Groot
- The Robot Ignite Academy, our online academy that teaches you ROS in 5 days
- The ROS Development Studio, our online platform to program ROS online only with a browser
- The ROS Developers Podcast full length tune.