Ignition Gazebo ROS simulator with Louise Poubel
Today, I would like to dedicate the episode to all those ROS developers that are Gazebo simulation as their primary tool to test their robot code before pushing to the real robot. This episode is dedicated to you.
Today we are going to talk with the lead developer of Gazebo simulator and she is going to tell us about the next generation of Gazebo which is a complete rewriting of the simulator based on a new set of libraries, the Ignition libraries. Well, those are the questions that we are going to have answered today.
But before going into that, let me remind you about our ROS online academy. Yes, at the Construct we have created an online academy named The Robot Ignite Academy which contains a ROS learning path for beginners. We start by teaching you Linux and Python for robotics, and we continue teaching you all the basic ROS concepts required to become a master of ROS. We conclude with a course that teaches you how to build your own robot and how to ROSify it, add ROS control to it so you can finally become a ROS Developer.
By the way, have you checked our latest course about how to program web interfaces for robots. That is a course that teaches you how to build web pages that connects to to ROS robots and allows you to present robot status information on the screen as well as command the robot. Check it out because it is a very good course pioneer in the world. Find it at www.robotigniteacademy.com
So now, it is my pleasure to introduce you to Louise Poubel. This is the second time I interview her in the podcast about her work on Gazebo simulator. Louise is a senior software engineer at Open robotics. But more than that, she is the Tech Lead developer of simulation at Open robotics. Specifically, she is leading the development of the newest version of Gazebo based on the Ignition libraries called Ignition Gazebo.
On top of that, she describes herself as a citizen of the world! I love that!
Welcome to the podcast Louise!
- Follow Louise Poubel on LinkedIn
- Ignition Robotics
- Ignition Acropolis (1st release)
- Ignition Blueprint (2nd release)
- Ignition Citadel (3rd release and LTS)
- Ignition different modular libraries
- List of models already available for Ignition
- ROS Ignition Bridge
- DARPA Subterranean Challenge that uses Ignition
- The Robot Ignite Academy, our online academy that teaches you ROS in 5 days using simulations
- The ROS Development Studio, our online platform to program ROS online only with a browser
Subscribe to the podcast using any of the following methods
Or listen to it on Spotify:
- ROS Developers Podcast on Spotify
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)