Today, I would like to dedicate the episode to those ROS developers that use simulations as a key element in their ROS development. I mean, you use the simulation to test your programs until they work properly in it and then, and only then, you move to the real robot testing.
For the professional ROS developers, this podcast is dedicated to you!
And today, it is my pleasure to introduce you Olivier Michel CEO of Cyberbotics, the company that develops Webots simulator. Olivier is going to explain us, how the Webots simulator started, what are its main features, why it became open source, and how we can use it with ROS by using the webots_ros package.
- Follow Olivier Michel on LinkedIn
- Cyberbotics, the company behind the development of Webots
- Git with Webots simulator source code
- The webots_ros package
- The webots_ros2 package
- The URDF to Webots converter
- Khepera 2D simulator
- Stage 2D simulator
- ODE physics engine
- The Robot Ignite Academy, our online academy that teaches you ROS in 5 days using simulations
- The ROS Development Studio, our online platform to program ROS online only with a browser
Some interesting videos about Webots:
Subscribe to the podcast using any of the following methods
Or listen to it on Spotify:
- ROS Developers Podcast on Spotify