Using ROS in Windows, with Lou Amadio
The following podcast episode was recorded during the ROSCON 2019 in Macau.
Today we are going to talk with the person behind the development of ROS for Windows,
But before going into that, let me remind you about our ROS online academy. Yes, at the Construct we have created an online academy named the Robot Ignite Academy which contains a ROS learning path for beginners. We start by teaching you Linux and Python for robotics, and we continue teaching you all the basic ROS concepts required to become a master of ROS. We conclude with a course that teaches you how to build your own robot and how to ROSify it, add ROS control to it so you can finally become a ROS Developer.
So now, it is my pleasure to introduce you Lou Amadio. Lou is Principal Development Lead in the core operating system group at Microsoft focusing on robotics and autonomous systems. I presume that that role is the one that leads him to get interested in ROS, but we are going to know about it in this interview.
Welcome to the podcast Lou!
- Follow Lou Amadio on LinkedIn
- ROS on Windows
- MS Robotics Developer Studio
- Chocolatey: the package manager for Windows
- Visual Studio Code
- Visual Studio Code Extensions for ROS
- Installing ROS 2 on Windows
- The Robot Ignite Academy, our online academy that teaches you ROS in 5 days using simulations
- The ROS Development Studio, our online platform to program ROS online only with a browser
Subscribe to the podcast using any of the following methods
Or listen to it on Spotify:
- ROS Developers Podcast on Spotify
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)