Today, I would like to dedicate the podcast to porting packages from ROS1 to ROS2. There is still a lot of work to be done, but you are making this possible. This episode is dedicated to you!
And today, it is my pleasure to introduce you Steve Macenski. Steve is open source robotics engineer lead at Samsung Research America. Before leading the open source robotics group at Samsung Research, he led the robotics team at Simbe Robotics building fully-autonomous store-auditing robot solutions. At present, He is the primary maintainer and developer of several ROS2 packages like Navigation2, Robot localisation and today’s subject of the podcast, Slam Toolbox. He is also a member of the ROS2 Technical Steering Committee. He is going to talk today about his Slam Toolbox package among other things.
He talks about:
- Life long mapping
- Synchronous and asynchronous mapping modes
- Mapping for large environments
- Follow Steve on LinkedIn
- Steve’s github
- The SLAM Toolbox
- Open Karto
- The Robot Ignite Academy, our online academy that teaches you ROS in 5 days using simulations
- The ROS Development Studio, our online platform to program ROS online only with a browser
Subscribe to the podcast using any of the following methods
Or listen to it on Spotify:
- ROS Developers Podcast on Spotify