The world has changed in 2020. Due to the Coronavirus, all our social interactions have been reduced. This has led to closing universities and students learning from home. Teaching has moved online.
You can teach almost any subject online. However, some subjects are going to be more productive online than others. For instance, you can teach medical students online about all the illnesses of the lungs. However, there is a part of that teaching that involves the interaction with actual ill people. That is very difficult to provide through online teaching.
In robotics, something similar happens. If you want to teach robotics properly, you need to use a real robot. So how can we teach robotics online and provide a full learning experience?
In this free webinar, we are going to show you how to teach robotics to university students from home.
- Problems that result from teaching robotics in times of deep uncertainty.
- How to prepare all the lecture materials for delivery of an introduction to robotics course.
- How to set up a practice environment for remote robotics students.
- How to provide robotics practice to students remotely with simulated robots.
- How to provide robotics practice to students remotely with real robots.
- How to evaluate students (exams) and prevent cheating.
- Keep students learning robotics without geographical restrictions and maximize their learning outcomes through real practice.
- Move away from a slides-based teaching method to a notebook-based one, where direct interaction with robots is embedded in the method itself.
Robots used in this webinar
19:00 pm - 20:00 pm cest
Free live webinar
About this webinar
This is a free online webinar designed to inspire and educate robotics teachers and lecturers about how to teach robotics remotely during COVID-19. Dr. Ricardo Tellez is going to share his real remote robotics teaching experience at La Salle University.
Who should attend?
- Professors/Teachers of undergrads or graduate students who are preparing robotics courses for FALL 2020.
- Teachers who are searching for a remote teaching solution during COVID-19.
Dr. Ricardo Téllez
Teacher of ROS at Masters in Automation, Home Automation and Robotics at La Salle BCN University | Teacher of ROS at Masters of Industry 4.0 at Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya | CEO of The Construct
An expert in robotics. Dr. Téllez has 10 years of experience building software for ROS-based robots, including human-sized humanoids. He is the author of 5 books about learning ROS. He has served as a robotics teacher at two universities and has been a lecturer in seminars and summer schools for many years. He has rich experience in robotics teaching and development.
What do I need to prepare for this webinar?
Only a laptop with internet access. You can use any type of computer, and you don’t need to install any software in advance. This webinar is completely online. We will show you how you can provide robotics classes to your students anywhere with only the Internet.
Is this really free?
Absolutely. We’re just sharing some free knowledge that we hope you’ll find useful. Keep us in mind the next time you have robotics teaching questions!