Hi ROS Developers and welcome to the ROS Developers Podcast: the program, the podcast that gives you insights from the experts about how to program your robots with ROS.
This is Ricardo Tellez, from The Construct.
Today, I would like to dedicate the podcast to all those ROS developers that are in charge of the whole development structure that allows a ROS developer create, test and debug his ROS programs under a safe net. Those developers that create all the Q&A mechanisms to prevent us from breaking functionalities. You are the tougher!
And the guest of today is one of those tough guys!
We are going to interview Victor Lopez, Software engineer at Pal Robotics. Victor has been working for more than 9 years at Pal Robotics developing software for the robots, and in the last 5 years, being in charge of the whole infrastructure of development for robots of Pal Robotics.
“Managing code for many different types of robots is not easy. At Pal Robotics, we had to create a software (devops) infrastructure that prevents errors from reaching the customers, for all the robots”
- Follow Victor on LinkedIn
- Some testing and debugging tools:
- ROS Page about testing ROS code
- The Robot Ignite Academy, our online academy that teaches you ROS in 5 days, including ROS2
- The ROS Development Studio, our online platform to program ROS online only with a browser
- The ROS Developers Podcast full-length tune.