Online Hands-on Training
Mastering ROS2 Navigation
Learn how to make robots autonomously navigate using ROS2 Navigation (Nav2).
May 1 – 3, 2023
North American Central Time
Online with Remote Real Robots
NOT slides-based. Based on practice with simulated & remote real robot labs.
With the arrival of Robot Operating System 2 (ROS 2), it is essential to learn how to make your robot autonomously navigate with Nav2. The ROS 2 Navigation Stack (Nav2) is a collection of packages that you can use to move your robot from point A to point B safely and can be applied in many real-world robotic applications, such as warehouses, restaurants, hospitals, hotel room service, and much more.
In this 3-day training, you will learn how to set up and configure the ROS2 Navigation Stack for any robot (SLAM + Path Planning + Obstacle Avoidance) and you will create an application that interacts with Nav2.
A ROS training that’s highly practical, with support
This course is a live online training, where we teach you in real-time, step-by-step. You will learn on an online IDE website, along with explanatory notebooks and robotic simulations, and practice a lot with simulated robots and with our remote real warehouse robots.
Total time: 22 hours
Every day from 9 AM to 6 PM
Intensive Live Training
Who is this training for?
- Robotics Developers who want to run their robots with ROS 2
- Companies that want to equip their team with ROS 2
- Robotics teams that want to transition from ROS1 to ROS2
Real Robots Used
You will be using the following real robots throughout the training
Simulated Robots Used
You will use several robots in simulations and others in reality. This will allow you to see the flexibility of ROS2 with different robotic platforms.
Warehouse Real Robot Lab
A small warehouse robot lab running with an RB-1 BASE mobile industrial robot for practicing robotics applications for warehouse and logistics use cases.
A small warehouse world running with a Neobotix’s MP-400 mobile industrial robot to practice navigation.
What You Will Learn in 3-Day
- ROS2 Basics. Take this training if you don’t have that knowledge.
- Basic programming knowledge in Python or C ++.
See below a list of topics covered in this training. Lessons are practical, and you will practice on an online IDE website.
Day 1: SLAM (Mapping + Localization + Path Planning+ Obstacle Avoidance)
Day 2: Behaviors + Plugins + Lifecycle Manager
Day 3: Nav2 Application (create an application that interacts with Nav2)
- Configure & launch a full navigation stack in ROS2
- Create a map of the environment using SLAM-Toolbox
- Provide the map to other applications using a map server
- Localize the robot using the AMCL particle filter
- Plan paths from one location to another using the planner for differential robots
- Make the robot follow a trajectory while avoiding obstacles using the controller
- Waypoint Follower
- Configure the costmaps (global and local) for effective obstacle avoidance
- Use Behavior Trees to control the navigation behavior of the robot
- Create behavior trees for the bt_navigator
- Managed nodes work in deep
- Manage recovery behaviors
- Manage and synchronize the navigation nodes using the lifecycle manager (programmatically)
- Programmatically send requests and goals to the navigation system from external nodes using Python3
Head of Research @ The Construct | Creator of over 10 ROS AI courses | Author of ROS IN 5 DAYS book collection
Head of Education @ The Construct | Creator of over 30 ROS courses | Author of ROS IN 5 DAYS book collection
CEO @ The Construct | Teacher of Robotics at La Salle University and Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
Robotics Engineer @ The Construct | Leader of RoBox – 24/7 Remote Real Robot Lab
Robotics Software Developer / Creator of ROS2 Control course
We Help You to Achieve Success
Get recognized! Upon successfully completing this training, The Construct grants a certificate of completion to participants. This training is graded as a pass or fail; participants must receive 75% to pass and obtain the certificate of completion.
Mastering ROS2 Navigation
Benefits you will receive with this training:
3 days of live training guided by ROS experts
20+ hands-on exercises with simulated robots
12 hours of practice in our Remote Real Warehouse Robot Lab
6 months of access to the course material
Life-long access to the code developed during the training
Continuously updated course content
Fast support & guidance from instructors
Training Completion Certificate
|Early bird price before Apr 1st, 2023||
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to install ROS in advance?
No. This training is 100% online, you only need to bring your laptop and connect to the internet. You can use Windows, Linux, or macOS.