With the arrival of Robot Operating System 2 (ROS 2), it is essential to learn how to make your robot autonomously navigate with Nav2. The ROS 2 Navigation Stack (Nav2) is a collection of packages that you can use to move your robot from point A to point B safely and can be applied in many real-world robotic applications, such as warehouses, restaurants, hospitals, hotel room service, and much more.
In this 3-day training, you will learn how to set up and configure the ROS2 Navigation Stack for any robot (SLAM + Path Planning + Obstacle Avoidance) and you will create an application that interacts with Nav2.
A ROS training that’s highly practical, with support
This course is a live online training, where we teach you in real-time, step-by-step. You will learn on an online IDE website, along with explanatory notebooks and robotic simulations, and practice a lot with simulated robots and with our remote real warehouse robots.
Total time: 22 hours
Every day from 9 AM to 6 PM
3 timezones available
- Pacific Daylight Time (PDT)
- Eastern Daylight Time (EST)
- Central European Summer Time (CEST)
Intensive Live Training
Who is this training for?
- Robotics Developers who want to run their robots with ROS 2
- Companies that want to equip their team with ROS 2
- Robotics teams that want to transition from ROS1 to ROS2
3 days intensive training plan
Total time: 22 hours
2 hrs/day: Learn Theory
2 hrs/day: Do Exercises with Simulated Robots
3 hrs/day: Work on Real Robot Projects
1 hr/day: Apply & Debug Your Codes on Real Robots (with our support)
Real Robots Used
You will be using the following real robots throughout the training
Simulated Robots Used
You will use several robots in simulations and others in reality. This will allow you to see the flexibility of ROS2 with different robotic platforms.
RB-1 BASE simulation
What You Will Learn in 3-Day
- Basic programming knowledge in Python or C ++.
- ROS2 Basics.
- Use Google Chrome or Firefox browser.
- It is not necessary to have Linux on the student’s computer. Any operating system is valid.
- It is not necessary to have ROS installed on the student’s computer.
See below a list of topics covered in this training. Lessons are practical, and you will practice on an online IDE website.
Session #1: SLAM (Mapping + Localization + Path Planning+ Obstacle Avoidance)
Session #2: Behaviors + Plugins + Lifecycle Manager
Session #3: Nav2 Application (create an application that interacts with Nav2)
- How to configure and launch a full navigation stack in ROS2
- How to create a map of the environment using SLAM-Toolbox
- How to provide the map to other applications using a map server
- How to localize the robot using the AMCL particle filter
- How to plan paths from one location to another using the planner for differential robots
- How to make the robot follow a trajectory while avoiding obstacles using the controller
- How to use the Waypoint Follower
- How to configure the costmaps (global and local) for effective obstacle avoidance
- How to use Behavior Trees to control the navigation behavior of the robot
- How to create behavior trees for the bt_navigator
- How managed nodes work in deep
- How to manage recovery behaviors
- How to manage and synchronize the navigation nodes using the lifecycle manager (programmatically)
- How to programmatically send requests and goals to the navigation system from external nodes using Python3
Have a question? Feel free to ask!
Head of Research @ The Construct | Creator of over 10 ROS AI courses | Author of ROS IN 5 DAYS book collection
Head of Education @ The Construct | Creator of over 30 ROS courses | Author of ROS IN 5 DAYS book collection
CEO @ The Construct | Teacher of Robotics at La Salle University and Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
Robotics Engineer @ The Construct | Leader of RoBox – 24/7 Remote Real Robot Lab
Robotics Software Developer / Creator of ROS2 Control course
FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO APPLY NAV2 TO ROBOTS, FAST
We help you move fast!
It was a great training with A LOT of outcomes! Thank you for bearing with me. I really appreciate your professionalism during this training.
Previous Training recap
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to install ROS in advance?
No. This training is 100% online, you only need to bring your laptop and connect to the internet. You can use Windows, Linux, or macOS.
Looking for a team discount?
Contact us to learn how to enroll multiple users at the same time.
(+34) 687 672 123