[ROS Q&A] 117 – How to Launch a ROS Industrial Robots Simulation
In this video we will see how to launch a complex industrial environment with several robots in it, including ROS industrial robots and service robots.
The simulation contains a UR5 industrial robot and a couple of mobile bases. Also, many types of sensors include, including lasers cameras, and even a conveyor belt simulation.
This amazing simulation was created by the OSRF for their ARIAC competition 2017 using Gazebo simulator
Step 1. Create a project in ROS Development Studio(ROSDS)
ROSDS helps you follow our tutorial in a fast pace without dealing without setting up an environment locally. If you haven’t had an account yet, you can create a free account here. You can get the shared project through this link .
Step 2. Run the simulation
We prebuilt the package for this project. You can run the simulation with the following command
rosrun osrf_gear gear.py --development-mode -f /home/user/simulation_ws/install/share/osrf_gear/config/sample.yaml
You can then open the gazebo simulation from Tools->Gazebo. You should see the whole simulation of a warehouse.
Step 3. Demo
We prepared a demo which you can simply launch with the following command
After executing, you should see the robots are moving around.
We will use this simulation in a future ROS Developers Live Class #20 for playing with robots in industrial environments:
Edit by: Tony Huang
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)