[ROS Projects] – Use OpenAI_ROS with Turtlebot2 Step by Step – PE
This is an extra short video updating what it has been done new on OpenAI_ROS package. You can find the link to the package wiki down below.
This is important for the people that saw the other two videos, because the structure of the package has changed and it might lead to some confusion and errors.
Step 0. Create a project in ROS Development Studio(ROSDS)
ROSDS helps you follow our tutorial in a fast pace without dealing without setting up an environment locally. If you haven’t had an account yet, you can create a free account here. Let’s create a new project and call it rrbot_control. You can easily clone the project with this link.
Step 1. Train Turtlebot 2 with OpenAI ROS
In the ROSject, we already clone the openai ros package for you. You can run the turtlebot 2 simulation from Simulations->Select launch file->main.launch. You should see the simulation is up and running.
Then you can run the training script with
roslaunch turtle2_openai_ros_example start_training.launch
The robot starts moving and learning how to move in a maze.
Want to learn more?
If you are interested in using the openAI gym in ROS, please check our OpenAI Gym for Robotics 101 course.
Edit by: Tony Huang
- We have also created a ROS Wiki fo the package with tutorials:
- A page with all the robots supported by OpenAi_ROS package:
- Here you have the ROSJect with the updated code from the git and simulation, just click and run: [https://rds.theconstructsim.com/tc_projects/use_project_share_link/2f58476a-40e9-46e9-a25c-9588b5a78441]
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)