ROS Developers LIVE-Class #19: Let’s Use Gazebo Plugins
In this ROS LIVE-Class we’re going to show how to create a Gazebo plugin for a robot simulated world. The plugin will allow us to connect/disconnect the light of the world by means of a ROS topic.
The plugin will be created using C++.
We will use the simulation we created on the previous Live Class of a wheeled robot on a home room. Do not worry, you will receive the code of the simulation at the beginning of this Live Class (only provided to those who attend live to the class. The code will be provided during the first 5 minutes of the class, so be in time).
We will see:
▸ Which types of Gazebo plugins exist
▸ How to create a world plugin that allows you to control anything in the simulated world (very useful for Reinforcement Learning)
▸ How to add ROS to the plugin so we can use it from our ROS programs.
Every Tuesday at 18:00 CET/CEST.
This is a LIVE Class on how to develop with ROS. In Live Classes you practice with the teacher in real time, at the same time that he explains the lesson with the provided free ROS material.
IMPORTANT: Remember to be on time for the class because at the beginning of the class we will share the code with the attendants.
IMPORTANT 2: in order to start practicing quickly, we are using the ROS Development Studio the practice. You will need a free account to attend the class. Go to http://rds.theconstructsim.com and create an account prior to the class. Otherwise you will not be able to practice during the class.
// RELATED LINKS
▸ The ROS Development Studio: https://www.theconstructsim.com/rds-ros-development-studio/
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)