Call For Speakers
If you got something interesting about ROS and WOULD LIKE TO TEACH IT to the community, present your knowledge at ROSDevDay!
New this year: Speakers will be paid 300€ + 5% commission on rosject sales!
We value the work of every ROS developer and want to reward developers for their work. To that end, each speaker at ROSDevDay2023 will receive 300€, plus 5% of their rosject’s total revenue from sales on TheConstruct‘s online learning platform.
*Your rosject will permanently appear on The Construct for €39, and the speaker will receive 5% of the total revenue from the rosject as a permanent revenue stream.
- ROS-related topics are eligible, including ROS 1 & 2 and ROS basic, intermediate and advanced levels.
- You can apply as long as the subject matter is interesting for the ROS community.
- The presentation must be around a project that all the attendants can execute within a rosject
✅ Examples of successful projects:
- A practical demonstration of Nav2 new features: https://youtu.be/BmyCi2lcdJY
- Multi-floor navigation: https://youtu.be/6lJurC3Tl-M
- Simulating and testing underwater robots: https://youtu.be/JMevncnfM0Y
- Building a planning scene for pick&place: https://youtu.be/NgIsFPVfVNY
- Unix domain socket communication with ROS: https://youtu.be/VVaRyAyC4ck
❌ Examples that do not apply:
- Something that can only be applied to an actual device and cannot be demonstrated during the rosject
- Something that it is at so low a level that attendees barely understand because they cannot relate the relation between that and robots
- Something that cannot be executed inside a rosject
REMEMBER: This conference is not about showing your latest results (you can if you want). Instead, it is about showing and sharing interesting subjects with ROS to the audience so they can practice, learn and apply it to their projects.
- Proposal submission deadline: May 5, 2023
- Evaluation period: May 5 – May 15, 2023
- Rosject preparation period: May 15 – June 15, 2023
- Final rosject submission: June 15, 2023
How to prepare your proposal (in rosject)
1. . Click the link below to fork the speaker’s presentation rosject template:
2. Watch this ROSDevDay instruction video to prepare your rosject:
(This tutorial is from last year, but still valid, please watch it from 00:00:36)
Hey ROS Developers! Join us!
Watch the entire ROSDevDay2023 live stream
Question the speakers
Live chat with other attendees
Contest with prizes
Everything from Watch-Only pass, plus:
Speakers’ ROS projects are ready-to-run with documentation, code, and robot simulations
Practice with ROS projects while the speakers present in real-time
Certificate of Participation
Only 200 passes are available