ROS Developers Day is an annual hands-on robot programming online event for ROS developers worldwide. This virtual conference aims to connect ROS developers from around the world to Practice, Learn, and Share the latest ROS applications together in real-time, regardless of geographical limitations.
Unlike the normal slideshow-type conference, this is a hands-on event with a focus on practice. Every attendee will program the robot and reproduce the ROS projects’ results together in real-time while following the speakers’ demonstrations.
What you can expect
You’ll walk away with practical knowledge and action steps in order to use your ROS force to power the world’s robots!
You’ll get a ready-to-run ROS project (rosject) provided by each speaker. With the rosjects, you’ll be able to launch the robot simulations, access the projects’ code, start developing control algorithms… in real-time on any type of computer while the speakers are presenting, and without any previous setup on your side.
Learn from Top
We will select 10 robotics experts from top universities and companies, who are also pioneering ROS Developers with years of experience in using ROS. You will have the opportunity to “touch” and experience their fascinating ROS projects.
This is the event for our ROS Developers! Talk, program… and connect with other ROS Developers from all over the world. Not only will there be tons of great ROS content, but also a chance to work together to power the world’s robots!
ROS TSC | Roboticist | Samsung Research America Open Source Robotics - Engineering Lead | Advisor
Security Expert & Head of the Robotics team at Canonical
Robotics Research Engineer at Southwest Research Institute
Engineer at Preferred Networks, Inc. & Author of the first Japanese ROS2 book, ROS2ではじめよう
More speakers to be announced soon…
Call for Speakers
Let your ROS project be seen at ROS Developers Day!
If you are interested in submitting a proposal, please follow the instructions below.
Deadlines to take into consideration
- Proposal Entry Deadline: May 3, 2021
- Evaluation Period: May 3 – May 5, 2021
- Tutorial Preparation Period: May 5 – June 11, 2021
- Final tutorial submission: June 11, 2021
Tutorial & Submission Requirements
- Tutorials can target any field of ROS1 or ROS2.
- Proposals should be in the form of a tutorial and should focus on practice, in order to provide a real practical presentation for participants. (Please check the ROSDevCon 2020 to see how it works.)
- Please note the tutorial should last 40 min, plus 15 min for Q&A.
The submission of a tutorial must contain the following information:
- Topic Title: ( Maximum 20 Words) Catchy titles are good, just make sure they speak to the content.
- Speaker Bio
- Full Name
- Job Title
- Institution Name
- Contact information: Phone, Email, Address, website, etc
Please send your proposal with the above information to email@example.com.
If your tutorial is accepted
You will have to prepare a rosject containing the following material (We will assign you an engineer to support you in creating the rosject):
- A notebook with the tutorial
- Package with pre-defined code for participants (reference: how to create a rosject)
The proposals we accepted in the past came from Clarkson University, University Rey Juan Carlos, Sony Corporation, Open Robotics, PAL Robotics, etc.
Ignition Technical Lead
Eduardo Ponz Segrelles
Software Engineer C++/ROS
Lecturer & Researcher on Robotics
Román Navarro García
Professor & Head of Robotics and Internet of Things Research Lab
Principal Technologist & CTO Office
Pablo Garrido Sánchez
MSc Machine Learning
Dr.James Carroll, Dr. Ajay Sonar
Associate Professor, Director of ECE Laboratories
Alejandro Arnal Espinola
Senior Robotic Architect
DFKI, German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence
Victor Lopez Boya
José María Bea González
Professor of Information Technology & Telecommunications
Early-bird Registration is Available Now
Early-bird Registration Ends on April 26, 2021
(Registration is € 79 after April 25th)
Please read all the information below first.
Conference Registration fees include:
- Access to the event’s LIVE stream
- 10 ROS projects (containing simulated robots, notebooks, and packages with pre-defined code)
- Be able to practice with speakers in real-time
- Be able to ask speakers questions
- Unlimited access to the ROS Development Studio (ROSDS) during the conference
- Unlimited access to the online chat tool with all participants and ROS experts
- A copy of the ROS Developers Guide 2021
*The conference recording will be published for the public on June 30, 2021.
Connect with us, online, at #ROSDevDay21