ROS RViz Advanced Markers Python
Learn how to use RViz Advanced Markers for debugging and visualization
Visualizing data in the correct way is vital to extract meaningful conclusions. This is especially true in Robotics.
One of the problems you always tend to have in robotics is knowing what the robot is actually seeing, what is the virtual representation of the world in his mind. It’s also very important to represent visually complex data in one place only.
That’s why RViz and all its markers and plugins have made robotics more user friendly and powerful than ever before!
- Understand how to use Basic RViz Markers.
- Create Bounding Box Arrays that change dynamically.
- Add Overlay text, graphs, and menus in RViz.
- Draw TFTRajectories, RobotFootsteps, and occupancy grids that change based on real robot data.
- Draw pictograms from FontAwsome to represent detections and real objects in the world
- Represent TwistStamped commands issued to the robot
- Create Interactive displays in RViz that allow the execution of programs from RViz with custom icons.
- Record videos of RViz
Simulation robots used in this course
What projects will you be doing?
Create Your First Basic Marker
Create a publisher that publishes data of a spherical-shaped marker
Use the Special Markers
Bounding Boxes, Robot Footsteps, Polygon Arrays, Occupancy Grids, and Pictograms
Put Overlays in RVIZ
Adding Plots, PieCharts, and Menus
Add Custom Panels to RVIZ
Use panels to turn RVIZ into your robot’s GUI command system and give it some interactivity
What you will learn
Unit 1: Introduction to the Course
An introduction to the Course. It includes a simple demo.
Unit 2: Basic Markers
- First, get the feeling of the simulation
- Create your first basic Marker
- Create a Custom Mesh Marker
2 hrs. 40 min.
Unit 3: Bounding Boxes, Robot Footsteps, Polygon Arrays, Occupancy grids, & Pictograms
- Where to find all these elements in RViz
- Polygon Array
- Occupancy Grids
4 hrs. 35 min.
Unit 4: Add Overlays
- Adding plots, piecharts and menus
- Plots and PieCharts
- Menus and Text Overlay
- Complete demo
2 hrs. 27 min.
Unit 5: Add Custom Panels to RVIZ and Extras
- Add a YES or NO interactive panel
- Add a custom GUI
- Draw trajectories and TwistStaped in RViz
- Record RViz Sessions
2 hrs. 50 min.
Ready to get started?
Create an account to start learning