Fuse Sensor Data to Improve Localization Python
Learn how to fuse GPS, IMU, odometry, and other sources of localization
How can you improve the localization of your robot when you have multiple localization sensors?
We will solve that localization problem by using the robot localization package.
In this course, you are going to work on the following scenarios:
- Use robot_localization to merge different sensor inputs (IMU, Encoders, etc.).
- Use robot_localization with an external localization system (AMCL).
- Use robot_localization with GPS data.
- Merge multiples sensor data using the robot_localization package
- Use the robot_localization package with an AMCL Localization system
- Add GPS data to the robot_localization package.
Simulation robots used in this course
Jackal Robot, TurtleBot2, Summit-XL robot
What projects will you experience?
Merging sensor data
Use the robot_localization package to merge data from different sensors
Localize the Summit-XL robot
Use the robot_localization package in combination with an amcl system external to it
Navigate with GPS to unmapped places
What you will learn
Unit 1: Introduction to the Course
A brief introduction to the Course, including a demo.
Unit 2: Merging sensor data
Learn how to merge data from different sensors using the robot_localization package
Unit 3: Using an external Localization system
Learn how to combine an external Localization system with the robot_localization package.
Unit 4: GPS Navigation
Learn to Navigate your robot using GPS data
Unit 5: Mini Project
A Project where to apply everything you’ve learned during the Course.
Unit 6: Final Recommendations
What to do after finishing the Course?
Ready to get started?
Start learning ROS & Robotics online quickly and easily