ROS Manipulation in 5 Days Python
Learn how to make your manipulator interact with the environment using ROS
ROS Manipulation is the term used to refer to any robot that manipulates something in its environment.
The main goal of this Course is to teach you the basic tools you need to know in order to be able to understand how ROS Manipulation works, and teach you how to implement it for any manipulator robot.
- Learn the basics of ROS Manipulation
- Create and configure a MoveIt! package for a manipulator robot
- Perform Motion Planning
- Perform Grasping
Simulation robots used in this course
Fetch Robot, RB-1 Robot, Universal Robot Arm
What projects will you be doing?
Create a MoveIt Package to make the industrial robot perform motion planning
Moving the RB-KAIROS robot
Plan and execute trajectories for your robot using MoveIt
Perform motion planning with Python
Do Motion Planning Programmatically
Make the robot arm detect and grasp an object
What you will learn
Unit 1: Introduction to the Course
A brief introduction to the Course, including a demo
Unit 2: Basic Concepts
- What you need to perform ROS Manipulation
- Structure of a Manipulator Robot
- Basic Terminology
Unit 3: Motion Planning using Graphical Interfaces Part 1
- What is MoveIt!
- Generating MoveIt! configuration package using Setup Assistant tool
- The move_group node
- Basic Motion Planning
- MoveIt! planning scene
- MoveIt! kinematics handling
- MoveIt! collision checking
- Moving the real robot
2 hrs. 15 min.
Unit 4: Motion Planning using Graphical Interfaces Part 2
- Adding Perception to MoveIt!
Unit 5: Perform Motion Planning programmatically
- Planning a trajectory
- Planning to a joint space goal
- Getting some useful data
- Executing a trajectory
Unit 6: Grasping
- What is Grasping
- Grasping using MoveIt!
- Creating a pick and place task
- Grasping in the Real Robot
2 hrs. 2 min.
Unit 7: Hands-on Project
- Build the MoveIt! package
- Connect the MoveIt! package with the simulation
- Python Script
- Add Perception to the MoveIt! package
2 hrs. 5 min.
Ready to get started?
Start learning ROS & Robotics online quickly and easily