Robot Dynamics and Control
Learn to develop dynamic models and intelligent control systems for simple robots.
Robot Dynamics is really important since it will give you a complete understanding not only how robots move (kinematics) but also WHY they move (dynamics). In this course, you will learn to develop the dynamics models of basic robotic systems, as well as create intelligent controllers for them.
What You will learn
- How to solve the dynamics for the motion of rigid bodies in 3D space with the use of Newton’s laws of motion
- How to model the dynamics of a simple robotic system and how to derive its equations of motion
- How to create a full state feedback controller to allow a robotic system to balance
Simulation robots used in this course:
RRBot (Robot Manipulator)
What projects will you be doing?
Rigid Body Dynamics
Learn the basic dynamics of rigid bodies using a box and a table.
Learn how to model the dynamics of a simple robotic system using an RRbot.
Create a full state feedback controller to allow the RRbot to balance.
Score a goal!
Program a simple dynamic controller for RRBot that will move the robot so that it kicks a ball on the floor.
What you will learn
Unit 1: Introduction
- What will you learn?
- A Hands-on Experience
- Outline of the course
- Robots used in this course
- Requirements for the course
Unit 2: Rigid Body Dynamics
- Center of Mass
- Kinetic Energies
- Moments of Inertia
- Axis Theorems
1 hr. 30 mins.
Unit 3: Dynamic Modeling
- Lagrange Formulation
- Lagrange Equations
- Recursive Formulations
Unit 4: Feedback Control
- Design of the Controller
- Numerical Integration of the Continuous System
- Simulation of the Robot-Controller System in Gazebo
Project: Ball Kicking
- Inverse Dynamic Model
- Trajectory Generation
- ROS Torque Controller Node
Robotics and Computing teacher at the University Jaume I de Castelló. Researcher on AI as applied to social and educational robotics. Has collaborated on projects with hospitals on how to use robots for autistic child therapies.
Ready to get started?
Start learning ROS & Robotics online quickly and easily
More courses you might like
People interested in this course also viewed