Course for Beginners
Python3 for Robotics
Master the basics of Python 3 required for robot programming
Do you want to become a ROS Developer? If the answer is yes, then learning Python is mandatory for you.
Python is the most popular programming language for robots, and it is also the faster and easier way to learn ROS. In this Python3 for Robotics course, you will master essential Python3 knowledge in order to get started with ROS smoothly.
- Store data into Variables
- Operate with the data in the Variables
- Change behavior based on Conditions
- Create Functions that can be called from other parts of the code
- Encapsulate the code into Classes so you can have clean and robust code
Simulation robots used in this course
TurtleBot 2, Summit XL Robot.
This course is part of this learning path:
What projects will you be doing?
Control Robotic Arm using Python
Create your first Python program!
Define a class in Python
Create a Python program that makes the robot perform 2 squares.
Ultimate Code Foundation Challenge
Help the TurtleBot Robot get out of the maze (by using Python).
What you will learn
Unit 1: Introduction
- Why Python for Robotics
- Practice First: Control Robotic Arm using Python.
- Create your first Python Program
Unit 2: Python Essentials
- How to create Python Variables
- Which types of Variables you can create.
- How to operate with Python Variables
Unit 3: Conditional Statements & Loops
- <IF> <ElSE> Statements
- <FOR> <WHILE> Loops
Unit 4: Functions
- How to define a Python Function
- How to call a Python Function
- How to use parameters in Functions
Unit 5: Python Classes and OOP
- Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)
- How to use Classes in your Python programs.
CHALLENGE: Help the TurtleBot Robot get out of the maze (by using Python)
EXAM: Ultimate Code Foundation Challenge
Ready to get started?
Start learning ROS & Robotics online quickly and easily
More courses you might like
People interested in this course also viewed
Linux for Robotics
Learn the Linux fundamentals you’ll need for robotics development