Course of Product
Mastering with ROS:
Learn how to work with a Turtlebot3 robot
Within this Course, you are going to learn how you can start working with a TurtleBot3 robot using its both versions, Burger and Waffle.
What you’ll learn
- Basic Usage and control of the TurtleBot 3 robot.
- How to perform Navigation with TurtleBot 3.
- Follow a line with TurtleBot 3.
- Object Recognition with TurtleBot 3
- Motion Planning in Moveit with TurtleBot 3
Basic ROS, Basic Python, Basic Linux, Basic TF
Unit 1: Introduction to the Course
A brief introduction to the Course, including a demo.
Unit 2: Basic Usage
In this Unit, you are going to see some basic information you need to know before you start working with the Turtlebot3 robot. Relevant topics, basic motion, etc…
Unit 3: Navigation with TurtleBot 3
The first thing you will need for a robot that patrols is the ability to move around without crashing into everything, right?. Well, that’s what you are going to learn in this Unit! For this you will learn:
- How to create a map of an environment
- Localize the robot within the map
- Path Planning with Obstacle Avoidance
- Send a sequence of waypoints and execute those movements
Unit 4: Follow a line
In this unit, you will learn how to start using the most basic and also the most powerful tool for perception in ROS: OpenCV.
Unit 5: Blob Tracking
In this unit, you will start using cameras in ROS and use the cmvision package for blob tracking.
Unit 6: Perception and Object Recognition
This Unit will show you how to use Perception and Object Recognition to get the position of graspable objects.
1 hr. 30 min.
Unit 7: Motion Planning with MoveIt
This unit will show you how to create a Moveit Package for your manipulator robot. By completing this unit, you will be able to create a package that allows your robot to perform motion planning.
This last unit is meant to practice some of the knowledge that you’ve gained during this course. You will do this by doing a project, which will be based on 2 parts:
- The first part will consist of applying the Navigation concepts you learned during the Course
- The second part will consist on perform some Motion Planning using code, instead of MoveIt.
Ready to get started?
Start learning ROS & Robotics online quickly and easily