Course for Beginners
Linux for Robotics
Learn the Linux fundamentals you’ll need for robotics development
At present, ROS is fully supported only by Linux systems. This means any ROS-based robot uses Linux, so if you want to create programs for these robots, you have to get ready with Linux.
In the Linux for Robotics course, you will master essential Linux knowledge in order to get started with ROS.
- Navigate through a Linux filesystem
- Interact with a Linux filesystem
- Edit files using the Shell (vi editor)
- Manage access to files (Permissions)
- Create simple Linux programs (Bash Scripts)
- Manage execution of Linux programs (Processes)
- Connect to the remote computer of a robot (ssh)
Simulation robots used in this course
This course is part of this learning path:
What projects will you be doing?
Control BB-8 robot using Linux
Execute the bash script.
Create simple Linux programs
Work and interact with Linux-based systems.
Manage execution of Linux programs
Learn advanced utilities to interact deeply with a Linux system.
Ultimate Code Foundation Challenge
Program a Parrot AR Drone using Linux.
What you will learn
Unit 1: Introduction
- Why Linux for Robotics
- Practice First: Control BB-8 robot using Linux.
Unit 2: Linux Essential
Learn the essential tools & commands to interact with a Linux system
Unit 3: Advanced Utilities I
- Manage access to files: Permission
- Create simple Linux programs: Bash Scripts
- Environment Variables
Unit 4: Advanced Utilities II
- Manage execution of Linux programs: Processes
- How to connect the remote computer of the robot: SSH
- Manage installation of the Linux program: APT
Unit 5: Recommendations after the course
Unit 6: EXAM - Ultimate Code Foundation Challenge
Ready to get started?
Start learning ROS & Robotics online quickly and easily