Mastering Robot Fleet Management with Open-RMF
Learn how to Manage Robot Fleets in Real-World Scenarios
July 19 – 21, 2023
Daily classes from 9:00 – 17:00 Central European Summer Time (CEST)
ZOOM Virtual Class + Practice with Real Robots
The Construct is the official ROS training provider for:
Managing fleets of robots is tough work, which is why having a high-level API is vital for managing fleets of different robots and systems. And RMF allows you to do that fast.
With this 3-day Mastering Robot Fleet Management with Open-RMF intensive training, you will be able to:
Manage different fleets of robots
Assign tasks to the robot best suited for the job based on criteria like the type of robot, the time spent doing that task, or battery level.
Integrate already existing robot systems through API calls and ROS2 topics.
Integrate non-robot systems like doors, lifts, and humans.
What You Will Learn
- RMF basic structure
- How to use simulated tools for RMF
- How to create your own RMF adapter for your own robot
- How to integrate external systems such as doors, lifts, robot arms, workstations
- How to integrate Human Robot Interaction in RMF
- How to manage multiple fleets
- How to create your own custom actions
- How to create a docking system
- How to integrate RMF into a web environment
- How to make your robots deliver goods with RMF
- Apply RMF in a real robot scenario – Starbots Cafeteria
- Generate RMF maps based on architectural drawings or images with multi-floor support
Expert instruction from industry professionals
Hands-on experience with real robots
Exercises with simulated robots, working along with the instructors
Practice in an actual robot fleet application scenario – Starbots Coffee
Learn how to handle complex robot fleets in real-world scenarios
Apply your learning to a real multi-robot scenario: Startbots Coffee.
Starbots Coffee is a smart cafeteria running with multiple robots. During this training, you can connect to it remotely to control a fleet of robots with RMF. The practice scenarios you will experience are the following:
Robotic arm pick & place coffee cups
Robot baristas work together to delivery coffee
Open & close doors in RMF
Starbots Coffee application website
Who is this training for?
Team leads who want to build scalable robotics products, faster
Engineers who want to build a multi-robot system
People who want to be ready for new robotics technologies
Chapter 2 - Creation of environment with RMF traffic-editor and manually
In this chapter, you will learn the following:
- How to create an RMF map config file using an image map
- How to create a simulated environment based on the RMF map config file
- How to adapt existing simulated environments for RMF use.
Chapter 3 - Simple RMF setup without navigation
Chapter 4 - Custom Fleet Adapter with Template
Learn how to create a custom adapter using the template given by the RMF creators.
Chapter 5 - Default Tasks: Loop, Deliver and charge
Learn to ask your robots to patrol between two points and deliver an object to a certain location. Also, learn the basic mechanism of returning to the charging point using RMF automatic structure.
Chapter 6 - Custom Task
In this unit, you will learn how to create your own tasks, different from the standard task of navigate to a certain point.
Chapter 7 - Human interface for RMF
Learn how to create a GUI so that a human can interact with RMF systems to tell when a robot has been loaded with an object and when a robot has delivered that same object.
Chapter 8 - Dispenser and Ingestors
In this unit, you will learn how to use RMF Workcells: dispensers and ingestors, in order to execute programs in other robots at certain locations in the RMF map.
You will learn how to:
- Create a node to make a robot arm RMF dispenser ready
Create a node to make an animated character as RMF ingestor ready
Chapter 9 - Doors
In this unit, you will learn how to operate doors using the RMF system.
Chapter 10 - Multilevel
In this unit, you will learn how to operate lifts using the RMF system.
You will also learn how to manage multi-floor environments connected with a lift.
Chapter 11 - MultiFleet with Custom Adapter
In this unit, you will learn how to:
- Start two different robot fleets using custom adapters.
- Set up a cleaning robot to follow a designated path, while we activate the needed systems to clean, seeing an application of a custom task activation.
- Use displacement in maps to be able to cope with differences between the RMF coordinates and the real/simulated environment.
Chapter 12 - Docking
In this unit, you will learn the code needed to make a robot of your fleet dock into a charging station.
Chapter 13 - Custom rmf-panel-js
In this unit, you will learn:
- How the Open-RMF API Server is launched
- Understand how the Open-RMF API Server works
- Interact with the Open-RMF API Server using command line
- Load RMF Dashboard Config data using a webpage
- Send Tasks to Open-RMF using your custom rmf-panel-js
Central European Summer Time – CEST
|Day 1 – How RMF works & How to include your robot
Wed, July 19
|Day 2 – ROS2 Open-RMF
Thu, July 20
|Day 3 – Infrastructure Integration
Fri, July 21
|9:00 – 11:00||Live Class|
|11:00 – 11:15||Coffee Break|
|11:15 – 13:00||Live Class|
|13:00 – 13:30||Lunch Break|
|13:30 – 17:00||Work on real robot project|
Upon completing this training, The Construct grants participants a shareable certificate of completion. This training is graded as a pass or fail; participants must receive 75% to pass and obtain the training completion certificate.
Head of Research @ The Construct | Creator of over 10 ROS AI courses | Author of ROS IN 5 DAYS book collection
Head of Education @ The Construct | Creator of over 30 ROS courses | Author of ROS IN 5 DAYS book collection
CEO @ The Construct | Teacher of Robotics at La Salle University and Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
Robotics Engineer @ The Construct | Leader of RoBox – 24/7 Remote Real Robot Lab
We Help You to Achieve Success
Mastering Robot Fleet Management with Open-RMF
July 19 – 21, 2023 (European Time)
3 Days of Live Training Guided by ROS Experts
20+ Hands-on Exercises with Simulated Robots
12 Hours of Hands-on Practice at Starbots - Remote RMF Real Robot Cafeteria
6 Months of Access to the Robot Fleet Management in ROS2 Curriculum
Lifetime Access to the Code Developed During the Training
Continuously Updated Course Content
Fast Support & Guidance from Instructors
Training Completion Certificate
Early bird 2399€
Act fast! Early Bird Discount available until June 21, 2023.
+ What is the language used in training?
+ What are the pre-requirements for this training?
You require a basic knowledge of Linux, Python3 and ROS2. If you do not have this knowledge, prepare for the training using our online courses:
(*Please note that a majority of the courses are free; paid courses are not included in the tuition fee for this training).
- A laptop (you can use Windows, Linux, or macOS)
- Access to a large computer monitor, preferably two screens
- Fast internet connection
- Access to webcam and mouse
- Google Chrome or Firefox browser.
- It is not necessary to have Linux on your computer. Any operating system is valid.
+ Do I need to install ROS in advance?
No. You only need to bring your laptop and don’t need to have ROS installed. You can use Windows, Linux, or macOS.