Hi ROS Developers and welcome to the ROS Developers Podcast: the program, the podcast that gives you insights from the experts about how to program your robots with ROS.
This is Ricardo Tellez, from The Construct.
Today, I would like to dedicate the podcast to the ROS Developers that are designing the behaviour of their robots. You know how difficult it is to build a behaviour for robots that is able to provide intelligent responses to unexpected situations. You try to encode all possible situations but there is always a corner situation that scapes our planning. This episode is dedicated to you.
And today, it is my pleasure to introduce you Michael Cashmore, research associate, and Gerard Canal, post-doc, both at King’s College London.
They came here today to tell us more about how to design the behaviour of a ROS based robot using ROSplan.
- Follow Michael Cashmore at LinkedIn
- Personal page of Michael
- Follow Gerard Canal at LinkedIn
- Personal gif of Gerard
- ROS Plan website
- Human-AI Teaming Lab.
- Simple Temporal Networks
- Pandora project for AUVs
- Planning Domain Description Language
- SOAR cognitive architecture
- How we did apply SOAR to the control of a humanoid robot: here a video using Reem robot, and here the scientific article published at the Journal of Connection Science
- The Robot Ignite Academy, our online academy that teaches you ROS in 5 days using simulations
- The ROS Development Studio, our online platform to program ROS online only with a browser
- The ROS Developers Podcast full-length tune.