RDP 037: Plotting ROS data using PlotJuggler with Davide Faconti
Hi ROS Developers and welcome to the ROS Developers Podcast: the program, the podcast that gives you insights from the experts about how to program your robots with ROS.
I’m Ricardo Tellez, from The Construct.
Today, I would like to dedicate the podcast to all those ROS developers that want to display the series of data provided by a ROS topic in order to debug complex robot behaviors.
And related to that subject, today we are going to talk with Davide Faconti. This is the second time he is being in the podcast. On the previous interview, Davide talked about his packages for creating behavior trees easily in ROS.
Davide is a fervent developer of tools for robotics. So this time, he is going to talk about another super useful tool that he has developed. It is called PlotJuggler. Let’s learn with Davide what is PlotJuggler, how you can use and which are the best practices in order to get the most of it in ROS.
“Plotjuggler is a simple application to visualize time series”
- Follow Davide on LinkedIn
- Previous interview to Davide about Behavior Trees in ROS
- Plotjuggler official web
- Plotjuggler git
- Vimeo videos of Plotjuggler demos
- Darpa Robotics Challenge
- IHMC team
- PX4 for drones
- The Robot Ignite Academy, our online academy that teaches you ROS in 5 days, including ROS2
- The ROS Development Studio, our online platform to program ROS online only with a browser
- The ROS Developers Podcast full-length tune.
Subscribe to the podcast using any of the following methods
Or listen to it on Spotify:
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)