In this episode I talk to Victor Mayoral, CTO of Erle/Acutronic about their Hardware ROS (or better known as H-ROS). We will talk about how they have implemented this hardware framework for building ROS based robots by combining hardware parts that natively work on ROS (no drivers required in the main computer). He will also explain us how to ROSify any hardware by using their SoM, and how they have applied this procedure to build a collaborative robot called MARA. And everything is working on ROS 2!
“With H-ROS we make sure that all the components of the robot (sensors and actuators) speak the same language (and dialect!) simplifying enormously the integration process”
- Follow Victor Mayoral on LinkedIn
- Acutronic robotics
- The H-ROS (Hardware Robot Operating System)
- System on Module (or SoM)
- MARA robot built by Acutronic using H-ROS SoM
- HRIM: The Hardware Robot Information Project
- ROS1 to ROS2 bridges
- Modularity for unifying robotics
- Robotiq company
- Louise Poubel developer of Gazebo, interview for the podcast
- Gazebo running on ROS 2
- The Robot Ignite Academy, our online academy that teaches you ROS in 5 days
- The ROS Development Studio, our online platform to program ROS online only with a browser
- The ROS Developers Podcast full length tune.