In this podcast we are going to learn how to integrate MATLAB code with ROS code to provide access to your robot to powerful mathematical libraries.
Included in the podcast:
- What is MATLAB and Simulink
- What is the idea behind usingMATLAB with ROS
- How does MATLAB provide support for ROS
- What is the difference between Simulink and Gazebo
- Useful MATLAB packages that ROS users can benefit from
- Is MATLAB ready for ROS 2?
- A competition surprise the guys of MATLAB are preparing for the ROSCON 2018!
- … and many more things
Selected quote from the interview:
MATLAB supports both the ROS prototyping setup and the ROS production one.
[irp posts=”9081″ name=”How To Become a Robotics Developer”]
- Follow Sebastian Castro on LinkedIn
- Robocup competition
- Gazebo simulator
- MATLAB Simulink Robotics Arena
- How to use MATLAB and Simulink with ROS <– Interesting Post!!
- MathWorks Robotics System Toolbox
- Computer Vision Toolbox
- Neural Network Toolbox
- MATLAB Coder + Simulink Coder + Embedded Coder
- GPU Coder
- MATLAB production service
- MATLAB Live Editor
- The IROS 2018 conference
- The ROSCon 2018, the international ROS conference organized by the creators of ROS (OSRF), this year in Madrid, Spain
- The Robot Ignite Academy online academy that teaches you ROS in 5 days
- The ROS Developers Conference online conference (July 7th & 8th 2018)