Hi ROS Developers and welcome to the ROS Developers Podcast: the program, the podcast that gives you insights from the experts about how to program your robots with ROS.
This is Ricardo Tellez, from The Construct.
Today, I would like to dedicate the podcast to all those ROS developers that are planning to attend to ROS conferences during the summer. There are several ROS Summer Schools and conferences around, being the ROSDevCon the one that we organise at The Construct, but many others also available (I’ll put a link beneath of the podcast with all the summer schools)
And today, I’m very honoured to introduce you Xinyu Zhang. Dr Zhang is associate professor of robotics and ROS at East China Normal University as well as the director of the Intelligent Robot Laboratory. He is the founder of the China ROS Education Foundation a non-profit organization aiming at enhancing ROS (Robot Operating System) learning, training and application in China.. We came to China to talk to him about the ROS summer school that he organises every year since 2015 (this year is going to be the 5th edition), that gets many students on each edition! It is the one and only ROS summer school in Chinese, and he is here to explain us how he has managed to get such success.
- Connect to Professor Zhang through LinkedIn
- The ROS Education Foundation
- Previous ROS summer school in China organized by professor Zhang:
- List of ROS summer schools for 2019:
- The ROSDevCon 2019, the only online conference about ROS where you practice with the speakers.
- The Robot Ignite Academy, our online academy that teaches you ROS in 5 days using simulations
- The ROS Development Studio, our online platform to program ROS online only with a browser
- The ROS Developers Podcast full-length tune.