RDP 014: Using MATLAB with ROS with Sebastian Castro
In this podcast we are going to learn how to integrate MATLAB code with ROS code to provide access to your robot to powerful mathematical libraries.
Included in the podcast:
- What is MATLAB and Simulink
- What is the idea behind usingMATLAB with ROS
- How does MATLAB provide support for ROS
- What is the difference between Simulink and Gazebo
- Useful MATLAB packages that ROS users can benefit from
- Is MATLAB ready for ROS 2?
- A competition surprise the guys of MATLAB are preparing for the ROSCON 2018!
- … and many more things
Selected quote from the interview:
MATLAB supports both the ROS prototyping setup and the ROS production one.
- Follow Sebastian Castro on LinkedIn
- Robocup competition
- Gazebo simulator
- MATLAB Simulink Robotics Arena
- How to use MATLAB and Simulink with ROS <– Interesting Post!!
- MathWorks Robotics System Toolbox
- Computer Vision Toolbox
- Neural Network Toolbox
- MATLAB Coder + Simulink Coder + Embedded Coder
- GPU Coder
- MATLAB production service
- MATLAB Live Editor
- The IROS 2018 conference
- The ROSCon 2018, the international ROS conference organized by the creators of ROS (OSRF), this year in Madrid, Spain
- The Robot Ignite Academy online academy that teaches you ROS in 5 days
- The ROS Developers Conference online conference (July 7th & 8th 2018)
Subscribe to the podcast using any of the following methods
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)