Let me introduce you Allison Thackston one of the engineers developing some parts of Robonaut. Her ROS code was running out on space! Today she is here to talk about her experience shipping code to Space.
Want to be the one creating the robots that will go to Mars?!?
Then, start by taking our ROS learning path for beginners.
But before going into that, let me remind you about our ROS online academy. Yes, at the Construct we have created an online academy named The Robot Ignite Academy which contains a ROS learning path for beginners. The path is composed by:
- Linux for Robotics
- Python for Robotics
- ROS Basic Concepts
- Understanding TF
- URDF for modeling robots
- ROS Control
- Build your own robot and ROSify it… and become a ROS Developer!
Some other robotics theory courses included are:
- Using OpenAI algorithms with ROS
- Mobile robots kinematics
- Arm robot kinematics
- Robot dynamics and control
- Kalman Filters for robotics
- Deep Learning for Robotics
Of course all our courses are based on practice with simulated robots! (theory+practice)
- Follow Allison on Linkedin
- Allison’s personal page
- Allison’s talk at ROSCON 2014
[ROSCon 2014] Allison Thackston: ROS in space from Open Robotics on Vimeo.
Subscribe to the podcast using any of the following methods
- ROS Developers Podcast on iTunes
- ROS Developers Podcast on Stitcher
- ROS Developers Podcast on Spotify
Or watch the video interview
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
SUBSCRIBE NOW: RSS