Add on 5 September, 2018
We at Nymble Labs are building Robotic Assistants for the Kitchen. More info about us: www.nymble.in
We’d love to hear from you if you specialize in:
Back-End Software: Our autonomous assistant runs on Linux. It requires a scalable, well-designed software infrastructure for our recipe and AI engine.
Real-Time cooking requires our algorithms to run efficiently. This calls for expertise in C/C++ with a good understanding of the CPU Architecture, Cache, Virtual Memory, Device drivers.
Communication: Robots upgrade themselves over time. So will ours. For that we need you to be familiar with boot-loaders, IEEE 802.11 and communication protocols in general.
Add on 31 August, 2018
Dear robotics community,
The Duke Robotics group has an opening for a staff systems engineer to assist with the development of several robotics projects. We are looking for someone with hardware and software engineering experience who is dedicated and passionate about building extraordinary, reliable robots. This position will be supporting state-of-the-art academic robotics research in labs in several departments, spanning the Pratt School of Engineering and School of Medicine, and will work on a variety of platforms including mobile manipulators, legged robots, industrial robots, quadrotors, robot swarms, motion capture systems, and surgical robots.
The ideal candidate is a "jack-of-all-trades" with the ability to switch between multiple roles, and has experience in the following areas:
- Engineering hardware to specific, detailed electrical and mechanical requirements
- Maintaining complex software systems using modern software engineering practices
- C++, Linux systems, networking, and ROS
- Fabrication and CAD
The responsibilities of this position are to coordinate engineering efforts along multiple projects; to design, develop, and test systems in accordance to project goals; and to assist in using robot systems in research and education.
Starting salary is $50,000-75,000 depending on qualifications and experience, plus benefits. This position will begin with a 1-year contract, which may be renewed thereafter.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Kris Hauser, PhD
Pratt School of Engineering, Duke University
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
Add on 20 August, 2018
We at Realtime Robotics are hiring for positions in robotic perception for manipulation in factory settings, based in Boston, Massachusetts. We are also looking for people to work on perception for autonomous vehicles.
Join one of robotics' hottest new startups, with lightning-fast motion planning technology and a close-knit, supportive team. Please mail email@example.com and mention you are interested in the perception position!
Senior Director, Perception and Human-Machine Interface
Title: (Senior) Robotic Perception Engineer
* Develop software for robotic perception with a focus on the following:
* Creating fast and accurate voxel maps from depth cameras.
* Intrinsic and extrinsic camera calibration by end-users.
* Object detection and tracking.
Education and experience
* BS/MSc/Ph.D. in Computer Science, Robotics, or a related field.
* C++/Python fluency
* Computer vision and robotics perception experience
* Desire to work in a fast-pasted startup environment.
* Experience in a regulated, safety critical environment
* Experience with perception for robotic pick-and-place
To apply mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Add on 19 August, 2018
Dorabot is looking for Software Engineers (C++) who are ready to roll up their sleeves and start building the future! Read on to learn more, and view all our available positions at dorabot.com/careers.
Dorabot develops AI-powered robotic solutions for market-leading logistics and e-commerce companies. Backed by some of China's most prominent tech magnates, we're a tight-knit team of visionaries that live and breathe robotics. Unique among early-stage Chinese startups, Dorabot employs engineers and business professionals from over 10 different countries, and we're united by our boundless drive to create, learn, share, and grow.
Our systems pick, place, and transport items of various shapes and sizes using cutting-edge deep learning, motion planning, grasp planning,
navigation, and SLAM technologies. We research robotic manipulation, mobility, and vision with the ultimate goal of building robots that can do anything from housework to complex industrial tasks.
1. Implement robotics algorithms.
2. Integrate libraries and other software with robotic systems.
3. Ensure software-related functions are stable and reliable.
1. Experience working in Linux development environments.
2. Strong software engineering skills and capable of adhering to particular coding styles.
3. Experienced working with Git.
4. Very skilled with C++ and knowledge of new standards such as C++11 and C++14. Should be familiar with the following functions:
- Pointer and smart pointer
- Memory alignment and memory management
- STL, Boost
- C++ templates
- Linux management tools; able to write some simple shell scripts
- Toolchain and development environment setup; able to write and modify Makefiles
5. Familiar with some dynamic programming languages like Python
- Familiar with robotics
- Familiar with robotics software frameworks and libraries such as ROS, Moveit, Gazebo, OpenRave, KDL, PCL, OpenCV, etc.
- Familiar with template meta-programming and generic programming
- Familiar with functional programming
- Familiar with some machine-learning methods
- Familiar with compilation pipelines
- Skilled with compiler options
- Skilled with Emacs, Vi, or vim
- Familiar with GDB and debug tools
- Familiar with a dynamic programming language such as Python, Lua, Scheme, etc.
- Familiar with network programming, multithreaded programming, or parallel programming such as CUDA, MPI, OpenMP, etc.
- Familiar with OpenCL
- Familiar with CPU instruction set optimization (SIMD, AVX)
- Involvement in open-source coding projects
- Programming/robotics blogger
What We Offer
Competitive salary and company equity based on experience and personal contributions
An amazing opportunity to experience life in Shenzhen, widely known as China’s Silicon Valley. Shenzhen has the best air quality of any major city in China!
Free Chinese lessons
An international workplace where English is our working language
On-site company gym
Plenty of resources to purchase all kinds of equipment for research and development
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Visit Dorabot.com to see our tech in action and view additional openings.
**More About Dorabot**
Hao Zhang (CTO & Founder) - A self-described “robomancer”, Hao has been building robots for over a decade, and he is well known in American and Chinese maker communities. Hao is currently a PHD candidate at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, and he was listed in Forbes China’s 30 Under 30 in 2017.
Spencer Deng (CEO & Co-founder) - Prior to joining Dorabot, Spencer worked in logistics and finance, holding senior positions at UPS and J.P. Morgan. He’s also been trading stocks since he was 12 years old. Spencer was listed in the Forbes 30 Under 30 for China in 2017 and Asia in 2018.
Chong Loo (CCO) - Loo is former UPS senior executive with over 30 years of experience in logistics management. Loo brings to Dorabot extensive knowledge of express delivery systems, financial planning, and business intelligence.
Introducing Dorabot - link
Life at Dorabot - Employee Interviews - link
Interview with Wolf Schaarschmidt (Tech Lead)- link
Anyone who is interested in applying for the jobs, pls send me your CV to my personal email address: shi.chen at dorabot.com or pls send to our recruiting mail: firstname.lastname@example.org