RDP 028: Using Time of Flight Sensors With Krzysztof Zurad
In this episode, Krzysztof will explain us about using cheap, fast, small and light weight time of flight sensors on drones in outdoor environments.
We will discuss about distances that those sensors can reach, frequency of update, interference between sensors and how to combine rings of sensors. Krzysztof will explain how to get data from those sensors into ROS and how to convert to different types of ROS messages, like LaserScan or PointCloud2.
“Those sensors are very light and very fast which make them perfect for sensorizing drones”
- Follow Krzysztof Zurad on LinkedIn
- Terabee company with the described sensors.
- The Robot Ignite Academy, our online academy that teaches you ROS in 5 days
- The ROS Development Studio, our online platform to program ROS online only with a browser
- The ROS Developers Podcast full length tune.